|£50000 - £60000
An esteemed global consultancy is currently seeking an enthusiastic Principal Designer to join their distinguished pre-construction team based in Scotland. This opportunity is particularly appealing to Junior to Intermediate Principal Designers who are looking to progress their career and expand their skill set across a variety of challenging sites.
The role requires the Principal Designer to have a strong grasp of pre-construction phase planning, with a specific emphasis on sectors such as Residential and Retail. A key initial task for the Principal Designer will be to take a significant role in two major retail projects in the region, which includes working alongside a world-renowned clothing brand.
Joining a compact yet expert team of 15 professionals, this position offers a unique opportunity for a driven individual eager to enhance their experience on a range of exciting projects. The environment is ideal for the Principal Designer's professional growth and skill development, offering an excellent platform for career advancement.
The Principal Designers Role
- Prepare the pre-construction phase plan
- Undertake Construction Site Safety inspections
- Assist duty holders to develop pre-construction information
- Apply H&S and CDM knowledge to ensure CDM compliance is met
The Principal Designer
- NEBOSH General certificate or Construction H&S
- 2 years experience in a CDM role such as Principal Designer / CDM Advisor
- Knowledge of CDM Regulations 2015
- Enthusiastic with a willingness to learn and develop
- Understanding of the pre-construction phase
- 24 days annual leave + 8 days bank holiday
- Hybrid working
- Work laptop
- Career development support
If you are Principal Designer considering your career opportunities, or looking for the next step, please call Matt Powell at Brandon James on 01628 367 059.
Principal Designer/ Construction/ CDM Regulations 2015/ NEBOSH/ IOSH/ Health and Safety/ CDM Advisor / CDM2015