|£50000 - £60000
A well-established multi-disciplinary consultancy is currently looking for a Principal Designer to join their growing team in Norwich.
The company itself has been around for well over 70 years and has build up a strong clientele base across a variety of sectors including Commercial, Community, Education, Healthcare, Local Authority, Private Residential, Retail, Social Housing and Sport & Leisure.
The Principal Designer will be joining a small CDM team and will be one of three Principal Designers in the area allowing for them to play a leading role in the development and design of construction sites across the area. The hope being that the Principal Designer will be able to move into taking on larger responsibility and eventually become a manager for a team of Principal Designers and CDM Advisors further down the line.
The Principal Designer will work closely with the client to ensure CDM regulations are met and to provide Health and Safety support to the client as well. The Principal Designer will need to be able to travel between different sites and be adaptable to different projects.
Responsibilities of the Principal Designer:
- Supply pre-construction information.
- Develop Construction Phase Plans (CPPs).
- Advise and assist the client in fulfilling their duties under CDM regulations and other construction-related health and safety standards, regulations, and legislation.
- Assist duty holders in creating Pre-Construction Information (PCIs).
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of CDM Regulations 2015.
Requirements for a Successful CDM Principal Designer:
- Minimum NEBOSH General and Construction Certificate.
- Preferred NEBOSH Diploma Level 6.
- IOSH Membership.
- Membership in the Association of Project Safety (APS) is desirable.
- Qualification in an engineering, design, or construction-related discipline.
- A profound understanding of CDM2015.
- Construction Experience across one or more of the above sectors.
In Return, You'll Receive:
- Car allowance.
- Annual bonus based on personal and company performance.
- 26 days of annual leave plus statutory holidays and a birthday off.
- Pension with a 4.5% contribution match.
- Professional development scheme.
- Flexible working hours and hybrid work options.
If you are Principal Designer considering your career opportunities, or looking for the next step, please call Matt Powell at Brandon James on 01628 367 059.
Principal Designer/ Construction/ CDM Regulations 2015/ NEBOSH/ IOSH/ Health and Safety/ CDM Advisor / CDM2015 / Norwich