|Salary||£21000 - £23000|
A unique opportunity for an Archaeologist to work with a growing property and construction company on the historic and beautiful island of Malta.
The islands of Malta have a uniquely rich heritage spanning many centuries and multiple civilisations. As the country continues to thrive and develop its infrastructure, there is increasing demand for archaeological skills which can ensure its historical legacy is secure.
Malta is a small but succesful independent country and a full member of the EU. It benefits from a wonderful climate and amazing geography, UNESCO World Heritage sites and world class diving. English is an offical language.
The Archaeologist will join a growing team based in Malta responsible for the sensitive exploration of a wide variety of sites, ranging from minor digs to very large scale operations.
The Archaeologist will be responsible for:
- Pre-development heritage assessments
- Preliminary Surveillance Exercises
- Monitoring, surveillance and on-site guidance Archaeological investigations and excavation
- Post-Excavations including the: examining, cleaning, preservation and/or conservation, treatment and documentation of artefacts, the creation of an excavation archive of catalogued records, illustrations and photography of archaeological objects and other related works
- Site Coordination as and when necessary to organize the excavation works, liaise with the relevant authority, and be responsible for the completion of the site archive
- Intrusive and non-intrusive field walking studies as authorised
- Archaeological Surveying Archaeological Research · Artefacts and supporting desk-top research
- Archival Research
The successful Archaeologist will have appropriate and relevant qualifications, speak English, and be willing to be based permanently in Malta.
You will have 2 or more years experience in the field. Any experience in the general Meditteranean area would be a significant advantage.
The Archaeologist will benefit from
- Circa €22,000 salary
- Generous holiday and benefit package
- Excellent perks and discounts
If you are an Archaeologist looking for a great move, please contact Tom Harrison at Brandon James:
+44 (0) 1628 367042
Archaeology / Malta / Licensed / Archaeologist / Exploration / Excavation / Monitoring