Main Contractor - Residential - £13.6m - Quantity Surveyor
One of the UK's Top 100 Main Contractors whose areas of excellence are in New Build and Refurb are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their expanding successful team. This Quantity Surveyor will be joining an organisation with over 110 years' experience in their industry.
This organisation has an extremely impressive structure and portfolio, and are hugely up and coming. This is great opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor excel their development in a very well respected Main Contractor. This organisation's future prospects for the successful Quantity Surveyor would be to progress the individual to a Senior Quantity Surveyor position when the time is right.
The successful Quantity Surveyor will be working on a scheme that consists of a traditional build constructed scheme of houses and flats. 68 units single up to 3 storeys.
If you are a Quantity Surveyor that's had a proven track record on delivering new build projects with the ambition to grow and progress within an extremely well respected Main Contractor, then this role is for you.
Role: Quantity Surveyor
- Build and maintain working relationships with supply chain and clients
- Place supply chain orders in accordance with the procurement schedule
- Manage and minimise non recoverable costs on projects
- Price and agree all project variations
- Provide commercial expertise and be responsible for the financial delivery on various projects
- Value, certify and issue subcontractors
- Manage Sub Contract packages
- Complete CVC reports
- Submit external valuations, making sure they meet the conditions of the main contract
- Full responsibility for the projects cash position
- Minimum 3 Years' experience
- BSc in Quantity Surveying or similar commercial related course
- MRICS or MCIOB Professional qualification desirable
- Good data interrogation skills
- Commercial Awareness with good legal/contractual knowledge desirable
- Experience of Management accounts desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft office pparticularly Excel, Access and keen to extend knowledge on software packages
- Commercial contracting experience
- Competent in use of standard methods of measurement
- Previous experience in construction or similar sector
- Valid driving licence
- CSCS card at appropriate level
Projects: Design & Build, Refurb
Salary: £40,000 - £55,000
- Car allowance £6,500
- 26 days' holiday,
If you are a Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor, looking at your career options, then please contact Sam Patuzzo at Brandon James.
Quantity Surveying / London / QS / Residential / Quantity Surveyor / South West London